Turkish Journal of Iranian Studies (TJIS) follows the policies and guides published by the Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers (COPE). The ethical responsibilities of authors, editors, reviewers, and publishers are listed below.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
- Manuscripts must not have been previously published elsewhere or sent to another journal for publication.
- Authors should publish only their original work, and citations from other sources should be cited entirely and accurately.
- Authors should not communicate with people involved in the review process of the article.
- Authors should create a plagiarism report of their article and upload it to the system.
- After the evaluation process of the article begins, transactions such as adding or removing an author cannot be made.
- Support received from institutions and organizations should be indicated.
- The authors must provide open access to the raw data of their study if it is required.
- Authors should declare the circumstances of the study that will create a conflict of interest, if any.
- Authors should follow legal rules and institutional instructions during all processes of their study and have relevant institutions' permission if necessary.
- In studies requiring permission from the Ethics Committee, information concerning the permission (title of the committee, date, number) must be indicated in the method section on the first or last page of the article.
- In the case studies, it is necessary to indicate in the article that the informed volunteer signed the informed consent/consent form.
- Authors are required to contact the editor for corrections or withdrawals.
- The authors are responsible for fulfilling the correction suggestions of the reviewers.
- Authors can object to reviewers' opinions. Another reviewer will be assigned if it is deemed necessary after the examination.
- All responsibilities arising from non-compliance with ethical rules, scientific citation, and plagiarism belong to the authors.
- For the publication of the article, the opinions of the reviewers and the editorial board should be taken into account.
Ethical Responsibilities of the Editor
- The manuscripts submitted to TJIS are reviewed in their scientific content regardless of the authors' ethnicity, sex, nationality, religious belief, and political and philosophical ideas.
- A fair, objective, and transparent review process is carried out to publish the article.
- The editor ensures that all information about the submitted manuscript is kept confidential until published and does not compromise the blind-review system under any circumstances.
- The editor prefers reviewers who have significant publications in their field.
- The editor oversees whether there is a conflict of interest between the reviewers and the authors.
- The editor is responsible for assigning the reviewers and the positive or negative results regarding the publication of the manuscripts.
- At least two reviewers make evaluations. The opinion of a third reviewer is necessary if there is one acceptance and one rejection. The final decision for publishing the article is made after obtaining the opinions of two reviewers in the same direction.
- The articles whose peer-review process has been completed are published sequentially according to the density of the completed articles in the journal and the editor's decision.
- The responsibility of the articles to be published belongs to the author; the copyright belongs to the journal.
- All articles that do not comply with ethical standards are removed from the publication.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Reviewers
- The reviewers should not have a conflict of interest or competitive relationship with the authors or sponsors of the article.
- Reviewers should accept manuscripts that are compatible with their field. They should reject the manuscript if they have contributed to the article's writing process or know the manuscript and its author(s).
- Reviewers should not use the information they have obtained in the evaluation process in favor or against themselves, others, or any institutions.
- Reviewers should fill out the article evaluation form completely, and in case of rejection, they should fill in the justification part in the reviewer report.
- If there is any violation concerning copyrights or plagiarism in the article, the relevant editor should be notified.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Publisher
- Publisher represents the constructive, supportive, and investor actor in the scientific process.
- Publisher protects the property rights and copyrights of the published manuscripts and takes responsibility for preserving the record of every copy.
- Publisher undertakes the formation of objective editor decisions.
- It is responsible for taking necessary measures against crimes concerning scientific misuse, plagiarism, etc., towards the editor.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Editorial Board
- The editorial board is responsible for making publication decisions for submitted articles.
- The editorial board protects the intellectual property rights of the articles published in the journal.
- The members of the editorial board should follow the relevant policies and instructions.
- The editorial board should follow current developments to ensure the journal's development.